Compact Logix Via RSLinx OEM to Excel 2002

Good Afternoon All,

I am trying to display info Real tags from Logix 5000 to Excel. I have Linx OEM and I think I have it set up correctly. I used the OPC Test Client and everything seems to be a go. I on Linx under the Edit I went to Copy DDE/OPC linx and coppied and pasted in the cell after the =. After hitting enter, it just says #Name?. I also tried =RSLinx|PLC_Name!Tag_Name (using the real PLC name and tag name I am looking for) and it comes up #Name?. Someone please help before I pull out the rest of my hair!!
Thanks in Advance!!

You didn't give a ton of information, but I'll try to help the best I can. It has been awhile since I've done this, but I think I remember... You first need to configure a topic in RSLinx. Open RSLinx select 'topic config' from the DDE/OPC menu. In the topic config select new, name your topic, then point it at your controller in the right pane using the driver you have configured in RSLinx.

Once you have your topic configured, I believe the correct Excel command would look something like this:
=RSLINX|OPCtopicname!'tagname,L1,C1'
Or at least I think that's how I've done it.

Good luck!