Crimson 3.0 V.S. Crimson 2.0

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there an official document anywhere that outlines the differences between Crimson 2.0 and Crimson 3.0? I browsed Red Lion's site and didn't stumble on anything.

What are the functional differences (what can C3 do that C2 can't)?

Sorry, I don't have a list, but all I can say, is that if you've used Crimson 2, try Crimson 3... You'll love it. It's a free download.

Previously, most of my experience was with AB Panelviews; but I think that one of the great things about Red Lion is that they are simple enough, that you can make a basic screen with instruction. Yet underneath, they have the power to do most anything (with a limit on some flashy animations, AB still has them beat there)

There is no official document stating the differences. I would say the majority of the functionality is the same. The changes in C3 focus on efficiency and expanding on ease of use. Other than that the graphics are better, there are some new drivers (more are always being added), and many more changes.

Download the software and if you have any questions just let me know.

Hi Jeremy,
Actually most of my experience is with the Crimson 3.0. We also use a re-labled version of your product from a servo company, and up until now they have still been stuck in Crimson 2.0 mode. I've been pushing for them to adopt C3 mainly because it can get frustrating going back and forth between the two. But it also got me thinking, other than a lot of cosmetic differences it was difficult for me to really say what C3 was functionally more capable of than C2.

Always impressed with Red Lion's presence on this forum. Rarely does a Red Lion question pop up in here that you guys don't jump on quickly.

One quick request. It would be nice if the new releases of Crimson 3.0 had the build number built into the name. Or at least were in a zipped folder that noted the build number. The reason being is when downloading the most recent version (which is normally the case) it is always named setup.exe. When I go to put that in my backup directory for RedLion (where I keep a copy of all the versions I have used), then I already have a setup.exe in there from last time and I have to initiate an install on it to figure out what build it was and rename it. I try and remember to rename it at the time I download, but I don't always.

Thanks

I will forward your request

Typically what I do rename the whole Crimson 3.0 folder on my computer before installing the new version. Then you can still access the older version while the current is installed.

Thanks
Jeremy

One quick request. It would be nice if the new releases of Crimson 3.0 had the build number built into the name. Or at least were in a zipped folder that noted the build number. The reason being is when downloading the most recent version (which is normally the case) it is always named setup.exe. When I go to put that in my backup directory for RedLion (where I keep a copy of all the versions I have used), then I already have a setup.exe in there from last time and I have to initiate an install on it to figure out what build it was and rename it. I try and remember to rename it at the time I download, but I don't always.

Thanks
My solution to this is under my Red Lion folder, there is a Crimson 3 folder and under that I have a folder for each Build..."Build 278", "Build 469" etc. Inside those are the setup.exe files.