" an input module cause a stuck " this costumer
doesn't have the software and callme to reset his machine
I'm new on ab and I don't know whats going on
there's a form to install a reset button to clear
cpu faults or in the software install a clear bit

please somebody help me

thanks a lot

[email protected]

If you're able to go online with the SLC-5/01 controller, you will see that RSLogix 500 software will indicate the controller state as "faulted".

Use the Processor Status window to bring up the Errors tab, and you will see a big button marked "Clear Major Error". Click on that.

Usually a "Stuck Runtime Error" involves a bad I/O module. The error code should begin with the slot number of the bad module, such as "542" for Slot 5.

Using the 1747-PIC driver for DH485-only devices like the SLC-5/01 can be tricky for a beginner with no A-B software experience. You may need to seek the help of your local A-B office.

On that screen that says "A module has stuck" is there a display of the SLC address S:6 "Major Error Code" ?
If not, consider to have the content of this address displayed on a "diagnosics screen" (if you can). It makes it SO much easier to troubleshoot over the telephone.

To reset the error: Turn the keyswitch to the "PROG" position, and back to "RUN". The CPU will clear the error and attempt to run the program. If the problem is still active, then the CPU will go into fault mode again.
For that error mentioned in the screen, i suggest that the customer power down the PLC, pull out each module from the rack and reinsert them firmly again. Power up, and reset the fault with the keyswitch.
If this does not bring it back into RUN, then a module or the rack seems to have gone bad.

I recently had the same problem with a 5/04 processor. The error message was A “STUCK” runtime error has occurred in I/O module. Unable to determine which module.
The problem was intermitten for a couple of weeks then it just fizzled out all together.
When I would remove a module from the rack and power up the system I would receive Invalid rack configuration error because processor was still looking for the missing module. I created a new project with the same processor and I/O module setup but with no ladder logic. This program faulted with the I/O runtime error. I removed one module at the time from the rack and from the configuration of the program. When I got to the faulty module (The last one in the rack ,of course) the processor would go to run mode without faulting. Replaced module, loaded real code and away it went.