Backup RSLinx config with all IPs entered into ENBTs?

swapped

Currently i have my EB_ETH-1 driver setup with an ip for a gateway logix rack

The gateway rack have multiple ENBT cads and so my linx config looks like this.

gateway_enbt (where i have access to)
backplane
different enbt
+A,Ethernet
lots of IP addressed (that i added under properties, that i can drill down to)

the bolded stuff is repeated many times for all my lines...

when i use the linx backup/restore utility it backs up my basic config but it does not backup all my adresses that i have under all the other enbt cards.

Is there any way to back this up/transfer to different linx?

I believe that what you see underneath each expanded network is populated at runtime, only the IP addresses you have configured for each Ethernet Devices driver will be backed up/restored.

Have you tried using RS Networx For IP.

You will need to go online and save the network.

It's a long time since i used this but when I havent had too much cider I can help you out

Mark

Okie, I think you are right. For all other networks (dh+, Controlnet, etc) the nodes simply populate when you expand that network. For Ethernet, you manually have to add the ip addresses that you want to see there. I wish it populated automatically like rslinx enterprise (for view studio) does.

I have rsnetworx for ethernet but this does not help me out in what i need.

If you use the Ethernet/IP driver instead of Ethernet Devices, it will populate everything on that subnet automatically (if that is what you are after).

We use the Ethernet Devices driver specifically for its ability to let us pick and choose which devices show up under each driver. All our PLC stuff is on the same subnet, so I can pick four or five items related to a certain area of the plant, and create a driver named after that section, and populate it accordingly. This way it's easier to drill into the hardware by plant section.

So, my RSLinx Config has five or six Ethernet Devices drivers, and an Ethernet/IP driver (which works better with our Logix PACs), as well as a few other drivers like DF1, and one for Devicenet Passthrough.

Screenshot:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=21912&st=0&p=105548&hl=rswho&fromsearch=1&#entry105548

Yes and no. Ethernet/IP driver will show you all the IPs in that subnet - correct. However what i am doing is going into a logix rack with multiple enbt cards on slot 1, and trying to see devices on the ethernet network on slot 3 for example. in this case both the ethernet and ethernet/ip drivers make you type in the ips into the config for slot 3 in this case to see the devices on that network.

Yes, that is correct. Sorry if my explanation wan't making much sense. I didn't really know how to explain it well. Next time i'm going to take the screenshot approach.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Speaking of ethernet ip and ethenet . I have some weird problem ethernet ip driver doesnt work whereas Ethernet works on rslinx. I am sure i ehternet ip was working before.Whats happening here. ??

Continuing the OT

Do you have any VPN software running on your computer? I used to have problems with the VPN software on my laptop. Same issue. EtherNet Devices worked, but EtherNet/IP would not.

OG

right click on your ethernet ip driver and click configure driver. check to see which adapter you have selected and make sure it matches the adapter / ip range you are using. Also, did your network change at all. Ethernetip in its default setting will only browse the local subnet so if you have a network comprised of multiple subnets, make sure that your ip range matches that of the equipment that you are trying to see. if it is on a different subnet, you could try the remote subnet setting but i have not had much luck with that in the past (switches have to be configured to allow broadcast/multicast - i think)

also, try adding anther ethernet ip driver as this sometimes worked for me when the existing would not.

Remote subnet browsing addresses located in harmony files. There is no way to save them as far as I know. And they will be gone if harmony deleted or corrupted