mystery file extensions ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
quick question:

does anyone recognize the following file extensions? ...

.TRN
.LET

a friend "thinks" that they're Allen-Bradley - but I've never heard of them ...

any clues? ...

thanks ...

Ron

You might try opening them in notepad or notepad++ to see if the contents give it away. Often (especially old stuff) file types were simply ASCII on the inside, sometimes containing header information about the software mfg.

Just copied this of the web :

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a description of the .trn file format, for extraction of simulation data without the need for running signalscan. currently
I'm doing this in "batch" mode usin a .do file for writing a VCD, but
launching signalscan takes too long.

BTW, the only possible output I can get is a .trn file.

TIA,
Yaniv.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like .trn is an output file from a program called signal scan

Mike

A couple of quick searches for .TRN shows up with alot about SQL Server.

Not so much for .LET
"
  • Creatacard by Broderbund
  • Genesis 2000 by Genesis 2000, Inc. - Genesis 2000 offers a line of mortgage software and services to assist mortgage professionals.
  • Letter
  • Maestro Icons File
  • Nuke Randomic Life Generator - A program designed to generate viruses. Creates viruses with variable encryption and polymorphism. Files associated with this program include: 1.N, 2.N1, 2.M2, 3.N, ANTI_V.N, BEEP.N, DATA1,LET, DATA3.LET, DATA5.LET, DATA6.LET, DATA7.LET, DATA8.LET, DATA9.LET, DEL.N, DIR_ON.N, DISPLAY.N, MBR.N, NRLG.DOC, NRLG.EXE (the main executable file), NUKE1.DAT, NUKE2.DAT, REBOOT.N, STOP.N, TORTUGA.N, TRASH.N, and TRASH_RN.N. Related links: Additional Information

.trn is also the output format for a trend file config from FTTrend out of 505 Workshop(TI505 gui based software)