TIA Portal 11 Hardware Catalog

bluntslide11

Hi.
I am looking at the new TIA Portal v11 SP2, and notice that a lot of the existing hardware has been dropped from the catalog.

Does anyone know how and where I can grab the hardware files and update (or backdate) the catalog so I can insert the modules I have.

Examples of CPUs that aren't listed that I have are:
413-2DP (there are not 413's listed at all infact!)
412-1 (there is a 412-1XJ05-0AB0, but my module is a 1XF01-0AB0)

Any advice?

I am not sure about picking harware from the catalog but: When I migrated my project into Portal from Step 7, I had to install the GSD files for any hardware not supported by Portal. Then when I migrated the project the errors went away. If you can get the GSD files from Siemens the hardware should show up in the catalog. I had to call tech support to find the files I needed because I find their website tough to navigate.

Thanks for the reply.
Doesn't the GSD files only cover Profibus hardware?
I am looking to import the old Siemens CPU's and I/O modules that aren't currently in the catalog.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/113498
I am not sure I understand this well enough to explain it. I'll give it a try. I have a module 6ES7322-1BH81-0AA0, it is a digital output. It was not in the hardware catalog. I contacted tech support and he sent me the link above to install a gsd file. The link goes to a completly different part number than the module, because as I understood him the module talks throuh a different piece of hardware in the PLC. I don't know if Siemens tech support could help or not, but they have been a great resource for me.