to SIMATIC users

Valera

This FORUM is very beatufull place for everyone who work in SIMATIC, I think so.
It obviously clear in reaction of post "URGENT siemens S7 question".
But may be there is way for some design of forum. Like column "SIEMENS automation engineering".

Giao

I agree, With all the manufacturers of PLC's out there the site could be well improved by segregating them by company.

But it is still a great site though....

You can use the 'Search' feature to filter out the posts in which you're not interested. Use keywords like 'Simatic' or 'S7-300' or 'S5'.

Personally, I would rather continue to see all posts in a single forum rather than subdivide it into multiple forums.

I dont aggree.

Who is going to decide which categories should be set up ?
What if the question spans several categories ?
How will you categorize "odd" questions (which by the way are the interesting ones) ?

You have a great tool in the search page allready.
Too much splitting up in categories will decrease the speed with which questions are resolved on this forum.

Hi,

I think Steve is right, it's nice to know what other members are
facing. I mostly using Siemens but sometimes it happens that I also know the answer to other question/vendors.

It's not only interesting but it keeps me also up to date.

Rudi

Steve Bailey said:
Personally, I would rather continue to see all posts in a single forum rather than subdivide it into multiple forums.

So would I,

Valera

The format of this forum has been working fine for a number of years, Phil fine tunes it now and again and that is all it needs, added extras for more usability, not totally revamping so we end up with 10 or so different forums.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Paul

I also vote to NOT segregate by manufacturer. I have often picked up tips on a sensor or programming considerations from posts, even though the PLC brand isn't one I use. There is a huge amount of information and technique that is essentially universal, and I'd like to maintain the easy access to it. If someone wnats only brand specific info, they can go to the manufacturer's sites, many of whom have Q & A of sime kind.

Also agree not to segreate,, thats what the search facillities are there for,

Phil don't touch that dial........ :site:

Yes I agree to those who voted NOT TO SEGREGATE the topics into different types of category according to vendor.The Search function is very powerful.

Lovington Dela Cruz
Shell Lubricant

I also say no to segregation, as it is not all about PLC
code and hardware. Look at all the sensor applications
and ideas that are discussed here…

Martin

It seems we have a straw poll here. I would like to cast my vote to NOT SEPARATE.

As others have pointed out, there is a great deal of cross polination that goes on which I think most of us would miss.

I disagree to separate the topic by brands of products because some interesting topics may have been ignored when it is in unpopular brand.

Seperating them is no good.
A lot more questions will be left unread if you do that.
But maybe a new column next to the subject title that describes the brand could be usefull. That way you could sort on that column and see brand specific questions.
Don't know if it's worth the trouble... :confused: