Motion - MSO instruction hanging on .EN

Austin79

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with a Motion Kinetix 6000 servo system.
A servo fails to enable when the MSO instruction is executed. The instruction hangs on enable, with no error.
I've checked the knowledge base and found some work arounds, which are:
Condition the MSO with AM attributes .DCBusvoltage .ConfigUpdate and .HomeStatus amongst others.
This does not seem to prevent the "hanging" condition. Is there a robust way to recover this situation? Or best practice ? As it seems to happen randomly.

Thanks David.

Never had this happen to me!

I suspect that a MSF is being executed without you knowing OR the MSO is being retriggered and the ERR value is being lost.
Confirm that the MSO instruction "Motion Control" is Unique.

Trend the MSO.EN, .ER and .DN - Also the Axis.ServoActionStatus and Servo.BusReadyStatus, Servo.InhibitStatus and AxisFault
Trend rate should be as fast as the motion Group update time

Also how many MSF do you have?
you may have to trend the MSF.EN as well

Additional information: RS Logix 5000 Version please

Rule out hardware problems first by just having a program with 1 MSO and 1 MSF instruction controlled by a single BOOL tag.

XIC bool_tag MSO
XIO bool_tag MSF

If that works, you prove all your setup in one go, so your original problem has to be your application code.

Rule out hardware problems first by just having a program with 1 MSO and 1 MSF instruction controlled by a single BOOL tag.

XIC bool_tag MSO
XIO bool_tag MSF

If that works, you prove all your setup in one go, so your original problem has to be your application code.

Ohhh such a simple way to find the error location - I like it
Why do I go for the complicated first

Taken from "The idiots guide to fault-finding"

Chapter 1 (the only chapter) has 1 line.....

"Rule out everything that can be ruled out."

RSLogix Ver 19.13

For each axis there one MSF for Scada disable function and one MSF for the Homing sequence.

The motion instructions are unique but I'll monitor the attributes.
I've also been advised to check the status of the MSO using the .STATUS tag.
I'll post my findings.....

Thanks David.

For what its worth, I have had the same issue with a Kinetix 6200. Have not found a solution to it. Luckily its not a big inconvenience

RSLogix Ver 19.13

For each axis there one MSF for Scada disable function and one MSF for the Homing sequence.

The motion instructions are unique but I'll monitor the attributes.
I've also been advised to check the status of the MSO using the .STATUS tag.
I'll post my findings.....

Thanks David.

Don't forget the tags for the instructions need to be unique...