Panasonic FPX-C30R with C++

OK, you've mentioned three concepts, that's a start.

Panasonic FPX-C30R
C++
communication with PLCs

But you can't expect a useful answer unless you provide more information. Are you trying to program an FPX in C++? Not gonna happen. Are you trying to communicate to an FPX from a PC programmed with C++? More likely I'd say. I feel like I'm playing Blue's Clues here.

So, I seen it, but I want to a single manual who tell about Communication between PLC and C++.
I want to only force a TAG inside the PLC.

Thanks you, I'm waiting for the manual.. xD

Yeah right, as there would be one.. Post it here when you get hold of one like that.

ps. i want manual that gives all worlds right lottery numbers for 50 years.

Last edited:
You need to find some manual that describes communication protocol, the you need to implement that protocol to your program etc.

There is no "easy" way most likely.

The class of software you are describing, vinicius, is usually called "Human Machine Interface" or "Man Machine Interface" (HMI or MMI).

It's a pretty big field, like Point of Sale or Vending Kiosk software would be. There are quite a few operating systems, networks, protocols, and controllers involved.

If you are familiar with serial communications in C++ on your particular platform, you're halfway there. The techniques are going to be a little different for different operating systems.

It is a common request here on the Forum to have a PC programmer who is unfamiliar with embedded systems arrive and expect that he can just ask a very general question and be pointed to a SourceForge or CodeGuru style FAQ or Wiki for his specific controller or application. But the industry, and the Forum, aren't really like that.

The most helpful thing you've seen already is the ASCII protocol for that specific controller. If your next step is learning to send and receive ASCII strings into a C++ program, you're going to need to describe the serial hardware, the processing platform, and the operating system you are using.

Oh Thank you, Ken Roach.
I'll follow your tips.
Have you an email for talk more about it if you can guide me at some moment ?

I'm working with Windows, the PLC is FPX-C30R (Pannasonic) using Tool port (togetter a converter from Serial to ASCII), and I wanted to develop using C++.
I already know work with Serial Strings in C++;

Thanks.

I remember using ModbusRTU to hook these Panasonic PLCs up to a SCADA system with RS485. Its been so long so I don't remember if I had to buy anything additional to get modbus capability, but I would think that might be an option instead of ASCII programming. Sourceforge probably has modbus libraries, or for that matter, its straightforward to craft your own message and the protocol specification is free.