FTView SE from 64-bit to 32-bit

sethen320

I haven't been able to find a straight answer anywhere on this subject so I thought I'd toss it out and see if anyone else has dealt with this.

I have a fairly large distributed system running on FactoryTalk View SE 5.1 (32-bit). I have a vendor supplying some new content...well, actually a lot of content which was developed on their 64-bit installation of V6.1. I have no way of even looking at the project file to export data right now. Is it possible to convert their 64-bit project to a 32-bit one so that I can at least open the APA file on my 32-bit machine?

The way it looks right now I would have to upgrade every client in addition to the servers just to add some new screens form the vendor. Does that sound correct?

Thanks.

It's not a 32-bit versus 64-bit issue, it's a FactoryTalk View architecture and revision issue. A version 6.10 project can't be opened by FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10.

I realize that the ship has sailed, but somebody made a big error by "assuming" that they could develop in FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10 for deployment in a FactoryTalk View SE 5.10 system.

This is the entire reason that I have a fleet of Virtual Machines for FactoryTalk View SE. It's not a big deal with Machine Edition, but it's a showstopper for the big FactoryTalk Platform and Site Edition.

You can try to have them export individual components (like *.GFX files for displays) and Import them into your project one at a time. If you cannot get the vendor to export their displays, you're going to have to set up at least one PC (virtual, preferably) with FTView Studio 6.10 to do so yourself.