Telephone ring detect into the PLC

brdwater

Does anyone have an elegant method of letting the PLC(AB5/30) know that the phone is ringing?

I'll use it to alert an operator to make their way back to the control room and attend to the telephone traffic. Probably by flashing some special lights throughout the plant which are controlled by the PLC.

Not 100% sure but if you connect a full rectifier bridge across phone line you have a dc voltage only when the phone is ringing, then use a small relay to signalize incoming call to the plc.

Similar Topics

I want to be able to disconnect a telephone line with a digital output from a PLC. Any ideas on how i can do this?
Replies
Views
Will data-linc leased lines modem (LLM1100) work with Verizon's Metro Private Line Digital Services? The idea is that modem will be connected to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm a member of the excellent web side for a few years. The reason of this e-mail is to ask a question regarding what cable do I...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I want to communicate two PCs using telephone modems(115Kpbs) in WIN-XP plotform. I could able to dial the other phone number...
Replies
Views
Hi there, can somebody give me a hint on how to dial a certain telephone number out of Wonderware. I simply would like to use a tag or discrete...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom