PLC-5/60 to CLX msg fail

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I’m stuck in a rut and am wondering if someone can see what exactly I’m doing wrong here.

Let me list the hardware first

I have a PLC 5/60 enhanced series E. Channel 1A is DH+ and is connected to a DH/RIO card. The DH/RIO card is in a 4 slot chassis. Slot 0 is a 1756-L55 processor, slot 1 is the DH/RIO, slot 2 is an ENBT card that is used to connect to the programming console, and slot 3 is another ENBT card that is hooked to the corp network for Kepware.

The problem I am having is that I can read the PLC-5 from the CLX processor, but I can’t write to the CLX from the PLC-5. I have googled, checked the AB knowledgebase, followed the instructions here (won’t work because no multihop), and followed the instructions in the 1756-um541 manual (ControlLogix Data Highway Plus-Remote I/O Communication Interface Module 1756-DHRIO) all without success. Here are a few screenshots to possibly help.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

error1.jpg error2.jpg error3.jpg

sorry but I can't read the screen shots that you posted – too small and blurry for my tired old eyes ...

the screen shot posted below is one I use in some of my classes ... maybe the example will help ...

basic suggestions:

make sure that you're dealing with 16-bit SINT tags at both ends of the pipe – not 32-bit DINTs ...

make sure that you're entering the DH+ address in octal ...

if that doesn't help, try posting your RSP program file (you'll have to zip it first – forum rule) ... you should also tell us what DH+ address the DHRIO module is using ...

PLC_DH_to_CLX.jpg

Ron I sincerly can't thank you enough. I had a 10 in the "Elements" of my PLC-5 MSG, where I needed a 1. Your example did it and it's now working. Seriously, you just helped me out more than you know.
Thank you so much.