GE Fanuc Series 90-30 Hand Held Programmer

riyajahamad

Hi Friends,
I got a used GE Fanuc Series 90-30 IC693PRG300D Hand Held Programmer but I have no PLC or inforamtion about that. Can any one give me some help to get information. Basically I want to check the HHP. Thanks in Advance. :)

You can download the manual for it here. You want publication number GFK-0402g.

I hope you also have the cable for the unit, because it gets its 5 VDC power from the PLC's programming port. The part number for the cable is IC693CBL303.

A little-known fact about the Series 90-30 handheld is that the same unit with a different set of keyboard labels is used with Fanuc CNC controllers. In that application, it's called a DPL/MDI.

Thanks a lot Steve Bailey. I will download the file and try to test HHP without connecting to PLC I mean by giving 5 Volts externaly. Is it correct to take primary test by this method?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you'll accomplish by simply applying power to the unit. All that will happen is that you illuminate the backlight for the LCD screen and light up all the dots in the top row of characters. You have to connect the handheld to a PLC to see any meaningful data. Furthermore, the CPU has to be old enough. Newer versions aren't compatible with the handheld.

As Steve said, powering up the unit only proves that it 'powers up'... :rolleyes:

Whether or not it's USABLE as a programming device is another story.

beerchug

-Eric