319CPU and 2 ET200M stations, but standaard ethernetcables ?

userxyz

Hello,

My collegues placed standaard patchcables in the cabinet, this for the profinet network...?

1. I'm having troubles to get the ET200M online.
2. Is this okay for Profinet IO ? No shielded connectors... ?

Kind regards,
Combo

My experience is that the cheap plastic rj45 male ends
do not fit tight into the female IM rj45 sockets

I use the Siemens shielded cable and metal connectors

Et200m

There is an MMC flash card in the ET200M's.
That's what's bothering me... It's the first time I use ET200M on profinet. With profibus, you give the modul a profibus adres by dips. But now with profinet...
How to download the PN name + IP ? From the Hardware config ? I can download to the CPU, but nothing else is asked to me... ? No search for further devices or anything.

Kind regards,
Gerry

I mean, did you download the names+IPs to the ET200M stations ?
There must be an MMC flash card in the ET200M for only storing the PN name and the IP.

from Simatic Manager

PLC> edit ethernet node
browse and assign from there

Make sure the name you assign matches the hw config name and ip

hkrack2 for example

Last edited:
i want to connect reomte profibus slave i/o to s7-300 station.
which modules should i use for this application? plz help