How to use FactoryTalk Symbol Factory

Latchitup

I have a Panelview plus 1000 and I need to add a three position selector switch. I have found the symbol I need, but I am not sure how to use these. I see under Animation how to make it visible and some other things. I dont see how to make a switch work like a switch. Sorry for the rookie question.

It's a good question ! As a longtime PanelBuilder and RSView user, the idea of a background image for each state of a multi-state indicator is natural to me, but when I tried to implement the same function in Red Lion Crimson 3, I was a little stumped about what went where.

Typically you will implement this as a Multi-State Pushbutton. Each State is displayed according the the value of the Indicator tag, and each State has its own Text (with color and size and font), its own Background (with color and border) and its own Image.

The Images are where you correlate the State with a particular bitmap. Import each bitmap (left, center, right) into the Image Library and then browse for the desired Bitmap from within the Multi-State Pushbutton definition window.

The hardest part is getting used to the relationship between Symbol Factory and FactoryTalk View Studio. Symbol Factory is a sort of plugin, but you have to Copy and Paste the bitmatps from Symbol Factory into the FTView Studio "Images" catalog, from which they are then selectable.

So I export the symbol to a file location where I have Factory talk images. Then use this file in a multi state pb under the States tab in the image settings. Does this sound correct?