S71200 counts to pulses per sec

Hello,

I have a HSC configured to count frequency on my S71200 PLC. The max average measuring period i can have is 1 sec. I am not happy with the accuracy.

I want to now count the actual number of pulses over a longer period (maybe 10sec) and convert this value to frequency (pulses per second). I expect this involves a timer etc but i am not sure where to start.

Can anyone advise me on a program that can do this task?

thanks

Yes but i am trying to find a program that will convert the count to frequency

for example do i count and time the count in order to determine frequency. I just don't know how to implement what i want to do

I was thinking of counting a totalised count for say 10sec and storing the value then dividing it by 10 to get pulses per second etc?