RsLogix Emulate 5000

Robotroc

Hi all,

Can i emulate some others modules in RsLogic Emulate 5000? ( ethernet module, devicenet, hsc, etc ).

Exist a PanelView plus emulator ?

Thank's

Have a nice day !

To my knowledge Nope, not really meant for that. More designed to simulate the program running. I use it often but with no modules except the processor and Comm modules. Maybe check out this tech note it is rated everyone: 36764 - Basic Steps to Setting up RSLogix 5000 Emulate

FactoryTalk View ME for PanelView Plus has two "emulation" modes.

When you press the "Play" button in the Display design view, the single Display screen that is in the foreground will run most of its objects. This is a simple and rapid way to test individual screen objects.

When you click the "Running Man" icon, FactoryTalk View Studio creates a test Runtime of the application and runs it on your computer. This is the whole application; alarming, navigation, trending, etc.

And to expand on what Ken said...

The PV+ application can be configured to communicate with the RSEmulate 5000 controller using the Virtual Backplane. This assumes you are using the same computer for both PV+ development and Logix 5000 emulation.

OG

Thank's ... of this i was not sure. I will try to config. the PV+ app. to my Logix 5000 emulation. I will give you a feedback quickly !

Have a nice day !

How can i uninstall the factory talk service platform 2.30 because i whant to install 2.10. My Factory Talk didn't work wit 2.30.

STOP.

Do not attempt to mix FactoryTalk Service Platforms and FactoryTalk View because you are having a problem. Randomly installing different revisions of software will only make your problems worse.

Install ONLY the FactoryTalk Service Platform that comes with your release of FactoryTalk View.

FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.30 was released along with FactoryTalk View Studio 6.00.

DO NOT attempt to "go backwards" hoping for better results.

I very strongly recommend only installing FactoryTalk View on 'bare metal' or virtual PCs.

Last edited:
Thank's Ken I solved the problem with Factory Talk but the config. to work with an emulator ( RsLogix 5000 emulator in this case ) persist. When i am going in F.T on communications i don't find my virtual backplane.

Exist another method to use Factory Talk and RsLogix 5000 emulator ?

Can you see the AB_VBP driver in Linx Enterprise? Your emulated processor should show up there.

Before I ask. Yes I have Googled, and unless I am missing something which is of course possible, I am unable to find a legitimate rsLogix 5000 TRIAL version of emulate software. I downloaded a trial of RsLogix 5000 and need an emulate software to practise with. My local distributor AB wanted over 1,300.00 just for the emulate software. I am desperate to learn the 5K. I have tackled Tags and practised the subtle differences for entering ladder logic instructions in 5K. Does anyone have a legitimate trial LINK? Thanks for your help. I sincereley appreciate it

Last edited:
That's because I don't think it exists. Rockwell Software is either free or licensed. On some of the new software there is a seven day grace period. But this is for licensed versions that people have bought and have an issue with the activation. You should be able either through your distributor or RA office to get a time limited activation for evaluation purposes.