SLC500 Project help for a newbe

Dorrance

This is my first post so I thought it would be best in practice.
Like my title sais I am new to programming so I have no idea were to start my project.
I want to make a program that sets off an alarm for a pump. The pump strokes lets say 3 times in 5 seconds when operating correctly. When I need an alarm is when it strokes 5 times in 3 seconds.
I will use a prox to read the pump stroke but the pump also stops at times and could be on or off the prox.
Basically what I am doing is detecting when the pump product is empty to sound an alarm. With product it pumps slowly and when out it runs away.
I have all Allen Bradley software available to me so this wont be a problem. I also do know how to make simple programs but haven’t done many.
Any help would be great
Thx Dorrance

Welcome Dorrance.

First, I suggest going ahead and posting in the regular section. This area (practice) is not monitored by too many people - its purpose is to allow people to check out how well their attachments post and stuff like that.

Second, I think you have already stated what your program needs to do - look for a pulse rate of 1.67 pulses per second (5 pulses per 3 seconds) or faster. If you see this, stop the pump and display an alarm. The only trick you may need to learn is how to differentiate between the prox being held high and just-going high. If you don't already know a method for this, how do you think you might do it?

Steve

Dorrance,

Here is one way to do it. Of course you will need to adjust addresses and alarms for your own situation. I made two separate alarms, but you can combine them easily into one overall "PUMP ALARM".

PUMP ALARM.jpg

hi dorrance i do meed your help even im also very new to allenbradley RSlogix500 software i started first time ,Im looking for RSlogix 500 emulator can you help me for this if you have this simulator ill start up with this ill be verythankful to u if you can help me..

Thanks in advance
sam patrico

Thanks for all the info. I haven't had a chance to work on my project yet, but I'm sure with the help I will get it. Once again, thanks.