Getting Emulator to Scada

M pen

i m trying to get rs logix 500 emulator to talk to the citect scada programme on my laptop- but am having some problems ?I ve got RS linx talking to the OPC test client which I can see is monitoring the tags I ve assinged but which protocol do I use to get the scada to talk to linx? I m currently using the OPC to talk to RS linx server but get an error saying "failed to intialise server object,invalid string".Any help would be great.Thanks

Sorry it has been too long since I set up Citect to talk OPC
Best thing that found was to search the knowledge base (online help) for "OPC rslinx"

Which citect version are you talking about?

I assume that you are talking about the RSI OPC test Client - fully working showing values

Something seen in an old citect KB
Use the ABRSLINX Driver

In RS Linx look at the DDE/OPC Topic Configuration advanced tab for the correct address on mine it was EMU500-1\1

then use N7:0 for the Tag address