S7 1200 HSC Store Value

Hello,

dose anyone know how I could store a value from a HSC for a short period of time e.g 60sec and then use this value for a calculation

Also could someone explain to me what exactly an interrupt is on a HSC?

thanks

Hello,

dose anyone know how I could store a value from a HSC for a short period of time e.g 60sec and then use this value for a calculation

Also could someone explain to me what exactly an interrupt is on a HSC?

thanks

The HSC is counting continiusly?

Use a timer to generate a pulse every 60sec.
If pulse, move the HSC IW/ID to a MW/MD or evt. a DBx.DWy/DDy.

Not knowing the 1200, I recon the interrupt from the HSC triggers an OB. In this OB you could read the HSC contents and do an action with the least possible time delay.

Kalle

Last edited:
I have the general idea of what i require to do but am having trouble implimenting it.

I will require the HSC to reset to zero and have the value sent to a memory location. this will have to repeat continuously.

I am not sure about the "interrupt" what exactly it means. dose it just reset the counter to zero?

I think i will need the HSC Ctrl block but am not sure exactly