NT Link vs. HostLink

supporter

Hi,

From a HMI point of view, which protocol is the better one, NT Link or HostLink?

- What are the differences between these protocols?
- Are there different user areas for the protocols?
- Which protocol has best performance (based on that the HMI-application is developed properly (with consecutive addresses etc)).

Thanks for your help, if you need more information please let me know.

//Supporter

NT Link would be preferred. It will be the faster protocol.

As I understand it the biggest difference is that NT Link allows writing to individual bits within a word.

HostLink writes the entire word.

You can see this on the older Omron NT series panels.
If you were trying to turn on bits within a channel, it would not work properly with HostLink. NT Link worked properly.

User areas should be the same.

Hope this will help.

NT Link is certainly faster and is proprietary so I doubt anyone would have enough information to comment further about its capabilities except for the reply from gt.
If you use any other screen brands withm Omron you will notice that the communications method available is only host link due to the above.