Need help with Omron ZEN

p3ordie

Hello,
I am trying to program a Omron ZEN-10C1DT-D-V2 to control a Dart controller 125DV-C with a small 90VDC motor with lead screw. I also need to have the motor run in lo speed in the fwd direction and HI in the REV direction. I/O is:

I0- LS1 FWD limit sw
I1- LS2 END limit sw
I2- PB1 MTR FWD
I3- PB2 MTR REV
I4- PB3 E-stop
Q0- MTR FWD
Q1- MTR REV
Q2- INHIBIT/BRAKE
Q3- HI/LO Speed

When the operator pushes PB1 the motor starts in fwd direction untill LS2 is met and turns on Q2. When the operator pushes PB2 the motor will run in reverse direction untill LS1 is met and engauge Q2. I am ok with wiring up the motor, controller, switches, relays to reverse direction etc.. I am asking for help with programming the ZEN controller. Any help would be greatly appreceiated!

P3ordie,

It appears there is something wrong with your LS1 and LS2 Limit Switches. LS1 should be the END (or Reverse) Limit, and LS2 should be the FWD (Forward) Limit Switch.

The basic rules are:

When traveling in the FWD direction, the FWD limit should stop travel.

When traveling in the REV direction, the REV limit should stop travel.

Correcting for the above, and making assumptions about the operation of the various switches (N.O. or N.C., momentary or maintained contact (called "alternate" in the ZEN), here is my interpretation of your description. The ZIP file is the *.zen program file.

P3ordie,

It appears there is something wrong with your LS1 and LS2 Limit Switches. LS1 should be the END (or Reverse) Limit, and LS2 should be the FWD (Forward) Limit Switch.

The basic rules are:

When traveling in the FWD direction, the FWD limit should stop travel.

When traveling in the REV direction, the REV limit should stop travel.

Correcting for the above, and making assumptions about the operation of the various switches (N.O. or N.C., momentary or maintained contact (called "alternate" in the ZEN), here is my interpretation of your description. The ZIP file is the *.zen program file.

Lancie1,
Thank you for taking the time to help. And thanks for correcting the limit switch. I can up with a version that latches the forward motion and reverse motion and the limit switches break the latch. Your version is the better solution. Thanks!

P3,

I think that it best not to use latched outputs for motor control, if possible. Use a self-sealing contact from the motor output instead. It is safer, and will drop out during a power blink. A latch can result in motors starting up unexpectedly after a power failure.