RsLogix 5000 cannot do Scaling directly the analog module?

Please take a look at the screen shot attached. I tried to scale the analog channels directly in the module itself but I have no idea where to find the fields for entering the Low and High values of my analog device.

I tried installing the SCP Add-on but don’t know what to enter in the first field shown with the red arrow in the photo. Do anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

2-6-2012 2-17-29 PM.jpg 2-6-2012 2-18-35 PM.jpg

The 1769 Analog Modules user manual has a good description of the Units selection for these modules.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um002_-en-p.pdf

In particular, page 3-28 has a nice table of signal ranges and the corresponding data values for the different data selections.

1769 modules don't have the same onboard scaling features as 1756 modules do. The 1769 platform was originally built for the MicroLogix 1500 and works with CompactLogix and the 1769-ADN adapter, so it's necessarily less sophisticated than the premium Logix-only 1756 platform.

When you use the SCP instruction, choose the Channel Data tag as the instruction source (as you have already done) then use the Min/Max range shown in that user manual table as the input min/max.

When using the SCP addon instruction, you have to create a tag for each instance of the SCP. This provides the data storage for the instruction to work with.

The simplest way to do it is to type in a tagname in the first field of the instruction, then right click and select "New". That will make a tag of the proper type.

I usually use the tagname for the scaled signal with _SCP added on the end.

Last edited: