About Wonderware and its Tag

angi

Hi guys

I am new to Wonderware, there are some question need your help:
1. Need to setup communication between WW and CompactLogix. I could configure the DASABCIP according to the manual, do I need to do anything in the RSlink?
2. work with CompactLogix and PanelView+, we could browses the CompactLogix Tags in the FactoryTalk. when work with WW, how to browses the Compactlogix Tag in the Window Maker? how to export CompactLOgix Tag to a .csv file?

Thanks

Hi guys

I am new to Wonderware, there are some question need your help:
1. Need to setup communication between WW and CompactLogix. I could configure the DASABCIP according to the manual, do I need to do anything in the RSlink?
2. work with CompactLogix and PanelView+, we could browses the CompactLogix Tags in the FactoryTalk. when work with WW, how to browses the Compactlogix Tag in the Window Maker? how to export CompactLOgix Tag to a .csv file?

Thanks

If you are using DASABCIP, you don't use RSLinx. If you are using RSLinx, you don't use DASABCIP. DASABCIP is Wonderware's driver for ControlLogix.

I do not believe you get tag browsing with Wonderware. Rockwell products do tag browsing.

You export tags from RSLogix5000 by selecting Tools -> Export -> Tags and Logic Comments and save as CSV. Don't expect it to import into Wonderware directly.

I used to have an excel spreadsheet that took a CLX tag dump and created a Wonderware DBLoad format csv file. It's not that difficult to do, but I have seen plenty of people just give up and build the tags in both places.

Thanks Mellis
you mean that just use DBLoad command to transfer Tags in cvs file into WW?

I would recommend that you set up a data array in your Logix processor that contains all the information that you need to send to the HMI.

This is a quick easy way to condense and optimize your HMI communications.

Hi Oakley
I am not quite unstanding what you mean, would you mind to explain a little bit in detail?

Thanks

Thanks Mellis
you mean that just use DBLoad command to transfer Tags in cvs file into WW?

Yes, DBLoad is how you bring tags into Wonderware from a csv file. Be warned, the format of this csv file is not even close to the format of the csv file RSLogix will export. You have to reorganize the data to make it work. I suggest you do a DBDump and an export from RSLogix and compare the csv files to get an idea of what is involved.