Serial communication PanelviewPlus 1000 and modbus device

italo2008

I'm trying to establish serial modbus communication between a panelview plus 1000 and a device for motion control, but I have no experience in this.

I use FTview 6.0 with KepServer running in the HMI project. I think the hmi project is OK (I've just followed the user manual) but I always get an error on the screen in runtime : "Item is no longer available: ModbusRTU.Parker.var_1",where var_1 is the connected variable for a numeric display

I think the problem is the serial cable: in wich cases do I need a null modem cable?

thanks

The PanelView Plus terminal has a "DCE" type serial port, while a generic PC has a "DTE" type serial port.

If a null-modem cable works when testing the application on your PC, then you need a straight-through cable to the PanelView Plus terminal.