RSLinx

pssriram16

I have 8 PLCs (Compact Logix 1768-L43S Safety Controller). On my RSLinx communication interface only 6 of them show up. The other two PLCs show up with a yellow question mark, but I am able to ping them from the CMD line. The other programmer who works with me is able to "Go Online" with all the 8 PLCs without any issues. I am not sure what is going on. Any help appreciated.

A yellow question mark with a red X indicates a timeout.
A yellow question mark only indicates that RSLinx Classic does not have a registered EDS file for that device.

In modern controllers and RSLinx Classic, just right-click on the device and select "Upload EDS". RSLinx will extract the EDS file from the device, unzip it, and run the Registration process.

For CompactLogix you might have to do this for the Ethernet interface module and for the CPU separately.

Is this an EDS file issue maybe? Can you right click the device RSLinx and upload the EDS file?

Edit..Or what Ken said.

Thanks Ken Roach & Bob O. Yes, both of you were right. EDS file did not exist in my RSLinx database. I right-clicked and selected "Upload EDS". Now I am able to go online with all 8 PLCs.

But what is confusing is that all 8 PLCs have the same 1768-ENBT/A 4.1 on them, but I was able to see only 6 and not the other 2. Why was that?

In modern controllers and RSLinx Classic, just right-click on the device and select "Upload EDS". RSLinx will extract the EDS file from the device, unzip it, and run the Registration process.

Ken

I noticed you said in Rs Linx Classic. Does this not work in Lite? Just curious.