Good inexpensive BCD or hex thumbwheel

dleakey

Hi all,

I am looking for a BCD or hex thumbwheel switch. I only plan to use 0-7 (3 bits). I prefer something that has leads already. I would like to mount it in the door of a control panel to use for recipe/part selection. It will operate 24vdc inputs at very low current.

Thank you,
Dustin

You might want to consider using an OPTIMATE panel instead. Basic panels start at just over $100 and are a lot less hassle than wiring BCD thumbwheels, ideal for where you need to set only one or two variables.

I think automationdirect.com also sells them.

Thanks for the ideas, gentlemen.

Shooter: I had that thought also, but I don't trust our people to convert the binary code to a part number.

Similar Topics

I want to buy used/inexpensive (under $500) PLC hardware and software for personal use/testing. Can any of you suggest the best way to go about...
Replies
Views
I need an inexpensive PLC for home automation projects. I only need digital outputs and analog inputs. Pretty simple and slow process. Also, it...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am looking for a very inexpensive PLC in HMI for a very basic control scheme..... a couple of discrete inputs and outputs with a...
Replies
Views
I am looking for an inexpensive SCADA sw that can read Modbus TCP/IP. I do not need fancy graphics. I do, however, need datalogging for 30 to 40...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project to replace an old BBC Procontic B PLC by a modern PLC on a Flexographic Printer for plastic film. The app is quite simple...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom