Red Lion Data Station & Compactlogix

jseavers

I have a L32E Compactlogix PLC on it's own network. The PLC program is OEM protected so I can not change any code. I would like to share a couple of tags with a nearby Direct Logic PLC so I put a Net-ENI on the compact Logix. I configured the Net-ENI for our plant network and was able to ping it and go online with the PLC via RS5000. I then tried to use a Red Lion Datastation to move some tags into the Direct Logic PLC. No luck. I tested with a nearby GE PLC and it worked. The driver I was using in the Data Station was the Native Tags via L5K file. I did import the .L5k file and all the tags came up. In the Data Station configuration I tried slot 0 and also slot 1 for the CPU. (CPU is Slot0)

Has anyone else ever tried to do this? Is the something that has to be configured different in the Net-ENI?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a L32E Compactlogix PLC on it's own network. The PLC program is OEM protected so I can not change any code. I would like to share a couple of tags with a nearby Direct Logic PLC so I put a Net-ENI on the compact Logix. I configured the Net-ENI for our plant network and was able to ping it and go online with the PLC via RS5000. I then tried to use a Red Lion Datastation to move some tags into the Direct Logic PLC. No luck. I tested with a nearby GE PLC and it worked. The driver I was using in the Data Station was the Native Tags via L5K file. I did import the .L5k file and all the tags came up. In the Data Station configuration I tried slot 0 and also slot 1 for the CPU. (CPU is Slot0)

Has anyone else ever tried to do this? Is the something that has to be configured different in the Net-ENI?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,
The Native Tags via L5K driver can only be used when connecting to a direct ethernet port on the PLC. Since you are going through an ENI module you will need to choose DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP. Then in your PLC you will need to convert your tags to SLC messages. Since you can't change the code in your PLC this may not be an option for you. If you connect serially to the PLC you have the option of using our standard native tags driver via RS232.

Thanks
Jeremy