SFC Programming Using GX Devoloper

S.Alghamdi

good evening

I have this project at uni and that is to design an SFC programme to control a 24 volt motor that running in a washing machine

i understand the SFC concepts but I can't figure out how to work out the software

I know that each steps is related to a transition and an action associated.

all i want from any one please is to teach me through 2 steps and a transition between them including how to write those 2 blocks in ladder logic. that would make me able to understand how to assemble the whole software

I use GX developer 7.04 for a FX1N PLC

thank you,

if any one want to contact me regarding this matter please do not hesitate to
email me on

[email protected]

as it was a weekend for most dont expect instant answers
please Zip and post what you have done sofar

thank you iant for your replay

as you will see i haven't done much on the GX developer as I don't know

how to apply the FSM system that i made on paper to work on the GX .

thank you again, and i would love to hear from you again.

I'll bite.
The beauty of sfc is that no 'programming' experience or knowledge is required; you just need to now the sequence. So, for a washing machine, STEP 1 may be 'wait until door shut', and the TRANSITION is 'door shut switch'; then maybe the next STEP is 'fill drum with water' and the TRANSITION would be drum full. I've put the IEC terminology (STEP, TRANSITION) in caps.
Decalre your sequence, and the ins and outs just write themselves IME.

Out of interst, in your OP, why mention ladder?

Oh; never used GX-Developer, but daresay it obeys the IEC rules. If it doesn't, use something else. My £0.02
Pp

This is the format it should appear in
Your format looks like it is written in Codesys

this is a later version of GX developer - but it will open older files
Your Zip File looks like CODESYS - so I am confused

GX developer.jpg

good evening Iant

I don't use the CODESYS although it would be easier for me.

I am using 7.04 GX developer due to the fact the the PLC at the university

are already connected and interfaced with this software of this particular

version.

maybe i made a mistake when i started the software usually when it asked me about the type LD or Melsoft i select LD.

ww.jpg