injection molding control

Hello All! We have an old damaged Meteor IMM with Bosch valves
If we use Bosch-Rexroth cards for injection and clamps closing what could be a suitable solution to the temperature controls, HMI and safety interlocks?
We know only Proset software but russian Rockwell office does not answer.
Does anybody know other solution?

Last edited:
First thing I would decide is what PLC you want to use. If it was me I would look to Allen Bradley or Siemens. Both PLCs can run multiple PID loops to control heating zones. Also both have Thermocoupling cards.

As far as HMIs Allen Bradley and Siemens both have a line of very good HMIs. MY preference is Red Lion but I also have alot of experence with them.

You are going to need to look at your Rexroth cards and decide how you are going to interface them with your PLC as well. This communication requirement is most likely going to be the deciding factor on which PLC you use.

I would prefer to use siemens PLC. The point is that russian technical personnel of Bosch-Rexroth did not give an answer how to communicate betwen DPC card and a Siemens PLC. As for DPQ card they reported that they do not have any experience.

Last edited:
Bosch Rexroth DPC/DPQ Good Choice

Any PLC can do temperature control for Barrel Heat and Hot Runner heat control, as the update time for the loop is not very critical, actually it is better to have extendend update time to eliminate response to noise. 1.00 second update is sufficient for temperature control.

BUT, a PLC is NOT a good thing to use for high speed clamp control or injection control. This is where dedicated Closed Loop controls specific to the Axis is ideal. The DPC and DPQ are perfect for this.

The DPC, and DPQ use a CAN BUS (Device-Net) to transfer pre-selections to the cards.

There are plastics systems integrators available to help you.

Google "plastics machinery cotnrols retrofit".

Regards