Getting booted offline while editting RSLogix500

OZEE

RSLogix500 v7.10
XP-Pro
SLC5/05 - connected via Ethernet through corp network

This is for a colleague - I've never seen this before.

While making online edits, it will occasionally fail while testing edits. The error message is something like "Test Edits Failed" -- this usually, though not always, resolves itself, but sometimes takes two or three tries. This part is more of a nuisance than anything.

What's really annoying is when it then fails while attempting to assemble the edits. The message is "Assemble Edits Failed". Very rarely, this will be recoverable -- nearly ALWAYS, it then boots us offline, with edits left in various states of disarray in the processor...

I've been in this business for over 20 years and have never experienced this before. But this is happening 30-50 times per day -- it's a REAL problem!! Any thoughts/hints?

Thanks!

OZEE

Do you have access to the Rockwell Knowledgebase?

Answer 32963 talks about changing the CIP options in RSLinx...

If you cannot access this technote, post back & I will try to help you..

edit..I am too slow..

Thanks guys - we'll find out tomorrow! That looks like EXACTLY the problem, so hopefully it's EXACTLY the solution!

I'm out of the country right now. For some reason, I'm not able to get connected to the knowledge base. But I knew someone here would have the answer!!

thanks legends

I don't often (enough) say thanks but you guys have pulled me out of the doo doo for the hundredth time at least.
I was pulling my hair out on this one
Cheers!!!