Software for Remote Control via PC

Coulombboy

Hello everyone. I'm a new guy in automation and I am working on a project on a cement factory that will remotely put the setpoints to the machine. I have used AB micrologix 1400 PLC to feed the setpoints to the machine via analog outputs. We will connect the PLC to a switch and the line is fiber optic and at the laboratory, another switch and a PC. My problem now is, how are we going to do the settings on the PLC with the PC (not to use online mode on RS Logix500)? Can recommend any software? I hope you guys can help me with this..

There are dozens of PC-based Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software packages.

As noted, Rockwell Automation's native packages are FactoryTalk View ME and SE. I use Machine Edition and PanelView Plus extensively because of the durable hardware and the tight integration with ControlLogix.

Intellution, Wonderware, and Citect are probably the biggest three names in HMI software that are not a product of a company that also makes logic controllers.

As noted, PeakHMI is inexpensive and easy to use. PVBrowser is open-source. AdvanceHMI is free and is made by a longtime member of this Forum.

If somebody came to me and laid out just the factors you did: "Cement plant, one MicroLogix 1400, one PC, beginner user", I would reach for Inductive Automation's Ignition software. The free Panel Edition license makes that software easy to install, develop, and deploy.

Remote HMI

Use SCADAMOBILE it's a IPhone Scada and HMI application for monitoring process variables and tags of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)