RX3i With profinet IC695PNC001

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning I have an Rx3i with
IC695CPE305 CPU
IC695PNC001 Profinet controller
I have it configured to an Emerson SKC3400220 VFD with a SM-Profinet Solutions module. I have configured the PNC controller as per GFK-2571A (Profinet Controller Manual) I have the comm. light ok and blinking occasionally. Neither the GFK-2571A nor the SM-Profinet Solutions module has any direction on register mapping. I know in the hardware configuration it has the Status Address which is starting at %I00257 with a length of 32. How do I define the Registers for the drive? Do I need to define them with BLKMOV? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have not worked with this yet, but have begun studying the manual. I hope to get a module soon.
Have you used this?
Basic Configuration Steps
The basic configuration steps, described in this chapter, are:
* In the hardware configuration, add a PNC to the RX3i main rack. This automatically creates a
LAN for the PNC.
* Configure the parameters of the PNC itself.
* Select the PNC and add IO-Devices to its LAN. These IO-Devices can be VersaMax PNS
modules or third-party IO-Devices. Third-party IO-Devices and VersaMax PNS modules use
GSDML files to describe their capabilities. Proficy Machine Edition imports these GSDML files
and incorporates the devices into the configuration.
Configure the parameters of the VersaMax PNS modules and third-party IO-Devices.
* Configure the communications properties of the PNC, VersaMax PNS modules, and third-party
IO-Devices in the Machine Edition Inspector pane.
* Add VersaMax modules to the VersaMax PNS remote nodes.
* Configure the parameters of the VersaMax modules and third-party sub-modules in the remote
nodes.
* When the configuration is ready, use the Discovery and Configuration Protocol (DCP) tool in
Machine Edition to assign a name to each IO-Device so the PNC can connect to the devices and
deliver their configuration.
* Store the configuration data from the programmer to the RX3i CPU.
Looks like you do not need addresses for the I/O use the (DCP) tool to assign them 'Symbolic Names'.

Last edited:
I have not used this in a "real" project. I went to the seminar that GE-IP was hosting at our local vendor and was able to interact directly. I took some gdsml files for applications we are considering to get a better idea of what is involved.

If you are using a 3rd party device, you should be able to locate a gdsml file for that device. You only have to import this file once, then it is in the Toolchest.

When you add the device to the ProfiNet LAN, PME will assign I/O based on the information in the gsdml file for the device. At this point, you need the manual for the device to know what information it is sending/receiving.

As long as you have version 7.0 of PME, you can experiment offline with adding devices and seeing the configuration.

*Noted version for future searches.

RX3i Profinet

Thank you RussB and DYoast for the Reply. I have imported the GSDML file for the SM-Profinet Module. I see it in the tool chest. When I expand I see a very long list in the companion. None of which are editable or easily defined. I have set up the PNC001 as Described in GFK-2571A. I have come to the conclusion it is not communication due to the blinks on the controller and it faults out when downloading to controller and power cycle. Controller Fault system configuration mismatch. I/O fault loss of device 0.3.D2 Referring to the Commander SKDrive I take it. Here is an example of the data in the Companion. I have attached a zip of the program in Proficy 7. I will look at the drive manual but it didn’t say how to define either. Thanks again on any input.
Example:
Module ID=5010: Menu 5.01 (In) Output frequency
Module Ident Number
0x00001392
Information
Drive modes: Open-loop, Closed-loop vector Open-loop: Although the range for scaling purposes is ?SPEED_FREQ_MAX, the actual parameter value can be increased beyond this range by slip compensation. This parameter gives the output frequency of the drive, i.e. the sum of the post ramp reference and the slip compensation. Closed-loop vector and Servo: In these modes the output frequency is not controlled directly, and so the output frequency displayed in this parameter is calculated by measuring the frequency of the controller reference frame. Regen: In Regen mode the supply frequency is shown. Negative values indicate negative phase rotation of the supply.
Category
Menu 5
Subcategory
Input Parameter
Requires Engineeringtool which supports at least GSDML version
V1.0
Submodule ID=5010: Menu 5.01 (In) Output frequency
Submodule Ident Number
0x00001392
Information
Drive modes: Open-loop, Closed-loop vector Open-loop: Although the range for scaling purposes is ?SPEED_FREQ_MAX, the actual parameter value can be increased beyond this range by slip compensation. This parameter gives the output frequency of the drive, i.e. the sum of the post ramp reference and the slip compensation. Closed-loop vector and Servo: In these modes the output frequency is not controlled directly, and so the output frequency displayed in this parameter is calculated by measuring the frequency of the controller reference frame. Regen: In Regen mode the supply frequency is shown. Negative values indicate negative phase rotation of the supply.
Assigned to API
Supports PROFIsafe Profile
No
Maximum i-Parameter Size
Length of the IO Producer Status
Length of the IO Consumer Status
Cyclic Input Data
Item consistency
Name
Data Type
Display as Bits
Length [Bytes]
Input 32
Integer32

RX31 Profinet

First I see they have not updated the Manual for the SM-Profinet Solutions Module. It only refers to the unidrive SP. the SK doesn’t have Parameter 65.xx so anyway I did manage to find this. I can just decipher on the parameters I have and try to work accordingly. Makes things Easy when you have to guess. :) But. QUOTE from SM-Profinet Manual
"Each parameter configured in the PLC will have its unique module ID number written to
The relevant parameter in menu 65. Pr 65.01 will indicate the module ID for slot 1,
Pr 65.02 for slot 2, etc.
For example, if Pr 20.21 is configured in slot 1 as an input, and Pr 20.22 is configured in
Slot 2 as an output, then Pr 65.01 will indicate the value 20210 and Pr 65.02 will indicate
The value 20221." so are they using the solution ID as a value for the Register for the PLC?

In your configuration, right-click on the Commander-SK, then select "Change Module List".

This will open a new window where you can select parameters from the drive. I picked the drive enable output (Menu 6.15) and put it in slot 1.

Click OK on the change list, then double-click on the added slot. It will open in the InfoViewer with an address assigned. Using your project, I got %Q00177.

Rx3i Profinet

Outstanding! That was exactly what i was looking for. I have set up a few Parameters. But i see I am not communicating. (Variables not changing with selected Parameters) Every time i Download to controller or toggle power to the plc I get a fault configuration mismatch and it refers to the comander sk 0.3.D2. I have attached a Word file. I was wondering about in the PNC controller it has a tab Variable Mode. It says

"(Read-only and set to False if the module doesn't support I/O variables or if the CPU present in the Hardware Configuration does not support I/O variables.)"

"True: Enables I/O variables for the selected module. If this module is a Genius Bus Controller (GBC), this property enables I/O variables for the entire Genius bus."

"False: Disables I/O variables for the selected module. If this module is a GBC, this property disables I/O variables for the entire Genius bus."

So my understanding the variables are disabled for the controller. and if I change to True it will "All current Reference addresses will be removed from this module and any sub-module.

Thanks

I was wondering about in the PNC controller it has a tab Variable Mode. It says

"(Read-only and set to False if the module doesn't support I/O variables or if the CPU present in the Hardware Configuration does not support I/O variables.)"

"True: Enables I/O variables for the selected module. If this module is a Genius Bus Controller (GBC), this property enables I/O variables for the entire Genius bus."

"False: Disables I/O variables for the selected module. If this module is a GBC, this property disables I/O variables for the entire Genius bus."

So my understanding the variables are disabled for the controller. and if I change to True it will "All current Reference addresses will be removed from this module and any sub-module.

Thanks
This will not be "Read Only" when off line. What this parameter does is allow for using "Names" (Sybolics) or Addresses (%Q513) in the PNC or in the CPU and in other device areas of the hardware configuration. When "False" it uses addreses (i.e. %I256) If "True" You are asked to supply a "Name" for each I/O point. You may need to check your devices documentation to see which is needed or maybe either.

Something to Try

See GFK-2571.

In Chapter 3, page 3-28 discusses "Assigning IO-Device Names". It states that the Discovery and Configuration Protocol must be used or the ProfiNet Controller will not be able to connect to devices and deliver configuration.

I am only guessing, but I think this has to be done before storing the configuration to the Rx3i. This could be what is causing the fault you are seeing.

RX3i-Profinet

The fault was exactly that. I went back and started from the beginning. I read in gfk-2571A using the discovery tool (if I would of paid attention in the first place)Thanks Russ and DYoast the problem was the name in the configuration was blank so no matter what I put in the field in the discovery tool and wrote to the SM-Profinet module it would still have the ? Not assigned where the SM-Module resides. I named the drive in the configuration and then named the same in the discovery tool and walah. Things came to life. Sometime you need to go back read a couple of times to let things sink in. Being something new and never doing anything with ProfiNet sometimes it is best to start at the beginning and see if there is something I overlooked. The I/O fault is now gone but I still have a configuration Fault when downloading to controller 0.0 -----0.0 isn’t that the power supply?

I want to thank RussB and dYoast both for helping with this new setup.

I did notice you cannot define your own IP. Network with the ProfiNet controller. Like our network is xxx.xx.244 on plc and xxx.xx.236 on LAN it only likes 192.168 configurations.

The I/O fault is now gone but I still have a configuration Fault when downloading to controller 0.0 -----0.0 isn’t that the power supply?
You are correct, if the part number in the software matches the real world power supply, make sure that it is in the correct slot and that there are no bent pins.

RX3i-Profinet.

Thanks Russ With further looking I found the problem. on the front of the power supply it is labled. "PSA140" but my documantion and the side identification sticker reads "PSA040" so it was as simple as that. They must of just misses labeled the front inside plate. Everything works good and can read and write no errors. and more than enough I/O to and from the emerson drive. :)

Once again Thanks for everything Good straight up knowledge is priceless.