Need help for PowerFlex700

angi

Hi guys

There is one PowerFlex700 on the floor, which controled by a SLC5/05, from the program we could see that O:1/0 used for Start, O:1/1 for Stop(PF will stop when this bit =0), and we also could see the PF Start/Stop when O:1/1 switch between 0 and 1, but in one of the test process, we do see the PF stop, and the O:1/1 still keep as 1. Anybody could help me figure out how it happen.

Thanks

how is it wired? how are the parameters set up for controlling it? are they outputs working properly?

Hi PLC

the function of the machine is ok. I need to modify some program to change the direction of motor, I could figure out all of the direction control except that one, it does not make sensce that the motor stop but the control bit still ON.

I think we need a bunch more info - ie what is motor driving what are load conditions (is VFD overloading??)

Do you have FWD and REV wired in? Are you sure wiring is correct and parameters set correctly?
As example if I tell my demonstration / classroom VFD to run in both FWD and REV it shuts down ie goes to coast down.

Dan Bentler

We could see that O:1/0 is used for Start, O:1/1 for Stop (PF will stop when this bit = 0), and we also could see the PF Start/Stop when O:1/1 switch between 0 and 1,...
Without knowing what each output does, you are shooting into the dark. You need to look at the wiring for the Powerflex drive and determine to which terminals each of these PLC outputs is wired (specially O:1/1). Once you know that, you can look in the Powerflex Manual to find for what each terminal is used.

Some possibilities:
Start
Stop
Auto/Manual
Drive Enable
Preset Speed Select 1 through 3
Forward
Reverse
Remote/Manual Select

Look at your Powerflex 700 I/O terminals 25 through 32. Note that terminal 32 can be used for "Drive Enable" input by programming Parameter 366. If "Drive Enable" has been programmed, then it can be used as a "secondary" parallel Start/Stop control for the drive. See page 1-21 of your User Manual.

Also, for terminals 27 to 32, there are 39 different Options for which these terminals can be programmed (including all in the above list.) See page 3-57 for the complete list of Digital Input Options.

Powerflex 700 Standard Control.jpg

Last edited: