Preact

current9

Hello Everyone
I am starting a SLC project intergrating a multi scale weigh controller into the system via Devicenet. The application has a constantly changing free fall of product to the scales. I am going to have to program an auto preact to automatically adjust for the changing free fall. I have never programed a preact before. Any ideas on where to view sample code of an auto preact?

If the in-flight amount is constantly changing, the preact will never be correct.

That aside, the normal approach, in my experience, is to start with zero preact and after each weighing add one-half of the error to the preact. If you're under the target you'll be adding a negative number, if over, a positive number. On the next weighing, cut off flow when weight equals target minus preact. Repeat ad nauseum.

Don't forget to allow settling time before calculating the error.