RSLogix 5000 Preferences

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to save your preferences (display options, hot key assignments, etc.) so that you can move them to another machine? I basically want to save all the setting under workstation options.

Not possible unless you are happy to copy registry keys.

All of your preferences are stored in the windows registry.

A bit of digging in there you might find the keys and values you have changed, you can then set the same in another PC, but this is low-level fudging, and it might be easier to just set the same settings in the other machines.

Thanks Daba, that's kind of what I suspected. Wish they at least gave you a means of exporting your quick key setup. Whatever happended to the good old .ini file for stuff like this?

Cheers