Triconex System ?

SalMunis

Can some one please guide me in simple words:

1-Is Triconex the specific name of Invensys PLC ? Or its the parent name of different PLCs of Triconex Brand ?

2-Is tricon one of the PLCs of Triconex Brand ? Id Triconex General Purpose PLC is also one of the Triconex PLCs. Can some one give the exact name of the PLC Controllers ?

3-The Development Enviroment i.e. Tristation 1131 . Is this used with all the Triconex PLCs ? or different PLCs have different Development Environments ?

4-If some one can tell me where can i get the sample software for triconex for practise pruposes . it will be really helpful

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Sal

1 triconex is aN inverses safety instrument system sometimes called a logic solver. Doubtful you would see it used as a control plc $$$. The school I work at has a huge budget but still wouldn't spring for a triconex