Upgrading 90-30 to RX3i

I is a noob

Just wondering if anyone has done this and what mistakes you may have made so that I will not make them.....
:mad:<---Not post related but like the way it looks...

I have completed one so far. It went very smooth, but I had time to plan and study manuals.

Read the installation in GFK2314. I almost missed the part about the Isolated 24Vdc power.
The main rack of the Rx3i and its power supply do not provide Isolated 24Vdc like the 90-30. You have to provide this by wiring 24Vdc to the terminals on the left side of the main rack. My particular module that needed this was an IC693MDL655, but there are others. See again GFK2314, chapter 4.

When you change the family in PME, it will convert your project and give a list of changes. Look for red text for problems, then correct your logic.
Check your configuration and change as necessary/desired.

You can leave the logic as it was in the 90-30 after any corrections, but I chose to take advantage of the increased instruction set of the Rx3i.
For example, if I could replace a contact from a PosCoil with a PTCON, I did. This allowed me to remove a rung.

If you are changing from a 10-slot 90-30 to a 12-slot Rx3i, don't worry about new mounting holes. These rack mounting points match exactly.

The item that caught me was the power supply wiring. Plan for new longer wires to reach the Rx3i.

If you have more than 1 rack in the 90-30 don't forget to order expansion module for the RX3i CPU rack as it does not come with it. (IC695LRE001)It uses the same cables.
Also if you are not using one of the new CPU's that include a Power Pack. Do a little research to see if you need a RAM battery, if you do then get a rechargeable one. (IC690RBK001)

thanks guys!
On the 24vdc isolation, we always use external volatage for this type of thing anyway so dont think that will be an issue.

Let you know how it turns out!