How to FW MURPHY Millennium Engine Controller connected to MV156-MCM

ipphy

FWMURPHY M i l l e n n i u m P r o g r a m m a b l e C o n t r o l l e r
(w w w . f w m u r p h y . c om)
Local and remote communications, Modbus RTU via RS485 connected to ControLogix Allen Bradley via MV156-MCM.
The issue is ControLogix Allen Bradley, cannot READ and WRITE data from MURPHY Controller
this is the configuration:
Name Description Value
PORT COMMUNICATION MODBUS CONFIG at PLC
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.WriteStartReg 0
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.WriteRegCnt 600
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.ReadStartReg 1000
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.ReadRegCnt 600
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.BPFail 0
MCM.CONFIG.ModDef.ErrStatPtr -1

MCM.CONFIG.Port1 MCM.CONFIG.Port1.Enabled 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.Baudrate 9600
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.Parity 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.DataBits 8
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.StopBits 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.CmdCount 100
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.CmdErrPtr 1500
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.RespTO 1000
MCM.CONFIG.Port1.RetryCount 2

MAPPING ADDRESS PLC-MURPHY CONFIGURATION
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0] MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].Enable 1 Read
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].IntAddress 1000
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].PollInt 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].Count 2
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].Swap 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].Node 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].Func 3
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0].DevAddress 1

MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1] MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].Enable 1 Read
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].IntAddress 1002
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].PollInt 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].Count 26
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].Swap 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].Node 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].Func 3
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[1].DevAddress 101

MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2] MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].Enable 1 Read
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].IntAddress 1028
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].PollInt 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].Count 10
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].Swap 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].Node 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].Func 3
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[2].DevAddress 146

MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3] MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].Enable 2 Write
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].IntAddress 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].PollInt 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].Count 2
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].Swap 0
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].Node 1
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].Func 16
MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[3].DevAddress 505

till.. MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[8]

Welcome to the Forum !

The best way to troubleshoot an MVI56-MCM module is to connect to the console serial port and use the Traffic Analyzer mode to see if the slave device is responding at all to your messages.

If you want some advice from the Forum, you will have to provide links to the user manual for the FW Murphy controller and wiring diagrams for how you have connected the two devices.

I see this user manual for the option modules for the Millenium controller; is this what you have ?

http://www.fwmurphy.com/uploaded/documents/pdfs/00-02-0651.pdf

Remember that it is very common for different manufacturers to label the Data A and Data B wires for RS-485 oppositely. Try swapping the A and B wires.

Do you have the sample logic for the MVI56-MCM module properly installed in your RSLogix 5000 application ?

If possible, please ZIP and post your RSLogix 5000 application file (*.ACD).

Welcome to the Forum !

The best way to troubleshoot an MVI56-MCM module is to connect to the console serial port and use the Traffic Analyzer mode to see if the slave device is responding at all to your messages.

If you want some advice from the Forum, you will have to provide links to the user manual for the FW Murphy controller and wiring diagrams for how you have connected the two devices.

I see this user manual for the option modules for the Millenium controller; is this what you have ?

Remember that it is very common for different manufacturers to label the Data A and Data B wires for RS-485 oppositely. Try swapping the A and B wires.

Do you have the sample logic for the MVI56-MCM module properly installed in your RSLogix 5000 application ?

If possible, please ZIP and post your RSLogix 5000 application file (*.ACD).

Ken,

i don't really expert for the Traffic Analyzer...

That's correct device, we applying to our system.
FWMurphy Millenium connected to expantion module C267, C287 and C277.
see attach file for more detail my configuration.

Thanks very much for your helping.
:site:

I hate to be "that guy" that brings up an old thread -- but a search brought me to this site...on the last post the OP uploaded a pdf "FWmurphy Millenium Map Address and wiring.pdf" -- doese anyone know where that came from and/or if the rest of it is still available? I know this is probably a long shot, but we area trying to tie an old Murphy Millennium panel into a new Allen Bradley PLC but don't have any of the register values to pull the info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeremy

I hate to be "that guy" that brings up an old thread -- but a search brought me to this site...on the last post the OP uploaded a pdf "FWmurphy Millenium Map Address and wiring.pdf" -- doese anyone know where that came from and/or if the rest of it is still available? I know this is probably a long shot, but we area trying to tie an old Murphy Millennium panel into a new Allen Bradley PLC but don't have any of the register values to pull the info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeremy
There is an archive with discontinued and "legacy" literature:

http://www.fwmurphy.com/literature/archive

purphy millenium control

Hello

Right now i´m triying to stablish modbus comunication between a milenium controler model MCH-V-M an mi PC using an aplication Modbus Poll. but i haven´t read any modbus registrer value yet.

I have tried different configurations, i need to know if there is a configuration o restriccion that i need to change inside the milenium controler so i can be able to read modbus registrers?

or maybe you can help me to know how i can get the data.

Im conecting mi PC using a Rs 485 - USB converter to the A, B rs485 Port of the controler, I have tried different configurations and conections also exchanging the cables. :mad: