monitoring bits on other PLCs

drummin89

I haven't had any experience setting up communication between two PLCs in the past so this is new to me.

I have 2 PLCs in 2 seperate pieces of equipment, 1 down stream from the other. The first PLC is a Controllogix, the second PLC (the down stream one) is a Micrologix 1100. I need the Controllogix to sound an alarm when the Micrologix goes into alarm to alert operators that the down stream equipment is not running.

All PLCs in my plant are networked together through ethernet.

I'm just not sure how to set this up.

Similar Topics

Our punch press has a SLC500 with HELM weight module (HM-604-WM) for tonnage monitoring. The operator enters the weight range on the HMI, which is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to connect to and monitor a DLR that is on a remote rack from my PLC. The local has a 1756-L81E and...
Replies
Views
Good day, we have 15 analog inputs, we need to log the data in excel and monitor these values through web browser. We're planning to go with Delta...
Replies
Views
I have several plc’s that I’d like to monitor Into our SCADA when the comms break or plc faults. These are (SLC-505 & Compact Logic PLC’s) I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone using the profidrive in s7-1200 motion control under position monitoring :the tolerance time is the amount of time that the axis...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom