modbus-serial cable for PVplus1000

italo2008

Hi guys

I need to establish modbus serial communication between a PanelView plus and a Parker motion controller

I use Kepserver and I can simulate the communication with OPC quick client and also communicate with the controller running the FTview project in my PC

The cable PC-CONTROLLER has the following pinout and it works

PC ..........PARKER CONTROLLER

2-----------------3

3-----------------2

5-----------------5

4____
6____|

7___
8___|

There's a jumper between (DTR,DSR) and (RTS,CTS) in the controller serial port. In this situation everything is OK.

Now, the problem is running the project in the panel. Parker told me that this device can use (DTR,DSR) but not (RTS,CTS), so pins 7 and 8 must be jumpered.
I've tried a lot of combinations but I can't crack it. Can anyone help me with this problem?