SMC-Flex typical wiring and programming parameters

jdiaz

Issue is I have been provided with a A-B typical for an SMC-Flex, with no parameters beyond the fact that it states that I need to change the Logical Mask (Param 87) to 44, all DPI ports enabled. I have managed to figure out many of the parameters I require but unfortunatelly it has power (after disconnect) to Option Input #1 (terminal 16), Hand position to terminal 17 (Start Input) and Auto position to terminals 18 (Stop Input) and terminal 15 (Option Input #2). I am at a loss of how this will work, I can see it working in Hand, because the Stop input is not powered and the start input is powered, but when in auto,I have a Stop, and an input, but I don't know what parameters to program to make this work.

any helps works

Thank you, for your reply I have been thought that manual I have no idea how many times, unfortunately it is a waste of time, it is as vague as any thing else I have ever read. I ended up having to call Rockwell Support and they to said that the user manual was very poor and that they have requested a reference manual with a more in depth programming examples to provide an easy to correlate wiring to parameters examples.

The objective of this was to hook up two SMC one as a master with an remote HOA hand station and the other slaved to mimic the master. As you can see there are explicit examples to accomplish the Master HOA, as for the slave you can use a two wire config, but it is not clear what to set in the parameters so the stop and option input 2 are disabled and have no effect over the operation of the same.

I have tackled these obstacles but there was great frustration as well as time invested in this matter.

Thanks any way for your response, I see it is the only one, I guess SMC are not exactly popular or at least not by as many as I had thought (this also judging by the wait time to talk to an expert).

Kindest regards,
Jaime Diaz

I will be commissioning one soon (SMC Flex) on Devicenet connected to a SLC. This project was started months ago, then stalled, then back on, then delayed, so it has been a while since I last visited it. If I recall correctly, I had to use 3 or four different documents to gather what I needed to draw up the wiring and programming.

I refrained from commenting, since I haven't actually started the thing up yet to prove my work. Tomorrow, when I am back in the plant, I will look up those pdfs I saved and post the titles and pub. numbers here.

Thanks, mine is currently being commissioned, and to say the least with AB building the MCCs and providing typicals i would have expected parameter configurations so that the modification to the salve could have gone easier, but that came from multiple calls with RS Support and lots of hours wasted searching on Google.