MSG communication interuption

Darkzadow

I am testing communication between 2 rslogix 5000 PLC's one is a inuse system on the plant and one is a test system that will be put inuse later. The inuse system has a laser gauge connected to it. I used a msg instruction (CIP data read) to try to bring this value into the test PLC it worked the first time. Now the laser gauge no longer updates its values. I see on the hardwired gauge it reads correctly but PLC no longer updates the value.

My question is, can a CIP data type read, interupt communication on PLC it reads from?

My first question would be are you seeing the value change in the PLC that you are reading from?

If so when you are reading the value from the 2nd PLC what instruction have you got in front of the MSG instruction?

Can you show us a screen shot of the message instruction and how it is set up?

Mark

I found the problem. I did see the value change. Unknown to me the electricians turned the plc off so comm between PLC and lasers was never reset. Which I found out after the operators turned lasers on and off resetting connection.