DL05 maximum numeric value in K constants

katratzi

I'm working on a small program using the Automation Direct DL05 PLC. For the timer that I am using (TMRA) I have a preset value (K) of 324000. I was using a less than statement that compares the accumulated value to the preset, and, if true, keep an output energized. This worked well when the timer preset was set at 200 for testing purposes. But when the real-world preset value of 324000 was entered into the less than compare instruction, the program flagged it as an error, and indicated that the max value allowed in a K value was 9999. Without using cascading timers, or timers and counters, is there another way or another instruction that can be used to simply compare the two values? I haven't used timers in the Directlogic software much before, and never with this long of a preset.

katratzi,

To compare numbers larger than 9999 you will have to use the CMPD instruction.

You will need to LDD (load double) one of the values first then do the CMPD. Then you will need to use the SP60, SP61, or SP62 contacts before you use any other instruction that uses them.

thanks, I was hoping there was a way just to compare. But, what did you mean by "you will need to use the SP60, SP61, or SP62 contacts before you use any other instruction that uses them" ?

I understand about using the contacts, but not the "before using any other instruction that uses them" part.