Opening a datalog Excel file without stopping the project

AB2005

Hi Everybody;

In an HMI of RS View 32, I have to stop the project to open and see the values of tags logged in a DB4 Excel file of data log. I want to open the data log file without stopping the project, is it possible?

Yes, minimize RSView (but do not close it), then open Excel. When finished with Excel, restore RSView to full-screen.

You can open the DBF file at any time with RSView running. It will not update to show data logged after you opened it. To update close the file (do not save) and then reopen it.

If you RSView computer is attached to a network then share the folder where the data is logged to and you can access data logs from any other computer on the network.

All I ever do is open Excel and from there navigate to the file I wish to view, and open it.

If the file you wish to view is the currently in use file, take care not to alter anything and when closing the file, do not save it.

I create new files on a daily basis and if possible avoid opening the currently in use file.