OT: PLC Programming Certification

testsubject

Hi everyone! Long time without a post!

I am currently looking at being released from my current contract position and as such am looking for a new job.

I am having trouble geting a new job because everyone is asking for RSLogix5000 (ControlLogix) programming experience and all I have been programming are Automation Direct plcs.

I have programmed SLC-500's in the past with RSLogix 500 but it has been a while.

The question I have is this: should I think about getting RSLogix5000 certification? I asked around with the programmers that are here and none of them even heard of certification.

Of course this is a tricky decision: the Cert will probably cost +$2k and I will not have a job starting next week. I already put down $1300 last summer for the RSLogix CD Training course last summer and that does not seem to make a difference.

It is really bugging me because I know I can code if given a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with the software...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any responses,

Bob

Hi
Sounds pretty lousy situation, how about you look for integrators in your area and offer them some 'free time' if they are prepared to help you out too. Obviously they would want to interview you and see if you would be suitable fit for them. I realise its not great but a week or two exposure is what you want and this may help you out.

I wouldnt go spending out on certification if i was facing the job queue

Last edited: