Panelview Plus Question

Old No. 7

I have a Panelview Plus problem I can't quite figure out. I'm duplicating something I did with a RedLion HMI that was pretty simple.

I want to press a key on a screen that brings up a popup window over the current screen. I also need to set a couple PLC values when the screen comes up. My idea was to monitor the screen number in the PLC and when the popup screen was open, I would change the PLC values. Unfortunately, it looks like the Panelview doen't register the screen number when it's a popup.

My second thought was to use the screen key to trigger the PLC to force the popup screen to open. This doen't work either. It works for a full screen, but not a popup screen.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure how you are using your pop-Up screen but when I use a pop-up I can define the screen number as shown in the picture.

This can then be used in the PLC to do what you require.

Mark

PopUp.jpg

I believe that originally On-Top windows did not assign screen numbers. Seems like version 5.1 or version 6.0 added that feature.

As an alternative, have you tried using a Macro attached to the Startup function of the On-Top display?

OG

I'm using RS View 6.0, but the runtime is 5.0 since I haven't updated the firmware. Not sure if that is part of the problem or not. I can assign a screen number to the "on top" window, but if I move the screen number value into the global - RemoteDisplayNumber tag, I get an error on the PV screen saying "Invalid Display Number".

I'm not in the office at the minute but when I get back in tomorrow morning I will have all my emulation software so I will have a look at some ideas I have and get back to you.

Mark

I think OG is on the right track with the Behavior -> Startup Macro.

When the On Top display opens, whatever expressions are defined in that Macro you've pointed to will be executed.

The Display Startup Macro method is not super-fast. I would make functions on the pop-up display not become visible until the values you've written with that Display Startup Macro are true. This is done with Visibility Animation.

It looks like the macros worked. I just call one macro to set a bit when the on-top window is opened and then one-shot values in the PLC. I used a second to clear the bit when the window is closed.

Problem solved, thanks guys.