Control Logix & ABB Data

Green Man

Hey People

I have to integrate an ABB WaterMaster flow meter with FEX100-DP into my ControlLogix project. I have done a hand-full of Profibus projects in the past but none on this platform.

Required GSDs files found and installed and am in the process of writing UDTs etc to extract the data.

I notice, although as far as I can tell not documented, the transmitted data is 5 bytes (REAL) in length. From memeory there is an instruction you can use in Siemens to read this data and present as required.

However I am at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed with this in Allen Bradley.

Could someone please advise me how I can proceed?

Green Man

COP sourcebyte[0] destinationfloat 1

Will do a binary copy from sourcebyte[0] to destinationfloat, for the size of 1 destination, which in this case is a single precision float, so it will copy 4 bytes.