stepper engine + joystick

porchechop

hello everyone,

I do not have much knowledge about PLC's etc, therefore I am asking here.

The problem is that i want to control the stepper engine with a joystick. when i move the joystick forward, the stepper engine should turn clockwise to a certain degree. (e.g. if i move the joystick completely up, the motor should turn 30°, if i pull the joystick completely down the motor should turn 30° in the other direction) this proces should be proportional prefferably.

I think this is possible with a PLC, but i have no clue what to look at so i know they will work together. And i also have pretty much no experience in programming PLC's (except for siemens)

Is it even possible what I am asking?:confused: and are there any setups that u could suggest for me?

I would appreciate any help, and thank anyone in advance!
kind regards
Porchechop

how many stepper are used ?

joystick will give you analog voltage 0 to 10v ,you connect this analog voltage to PLC analog input.U will see count for analog vtg.
Use PTO instruction to drive stepper to 30 deg accordingly

Last edited: