Produced/Consumed tags with PLC/5 over DH+

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to exchange some info with an enhanced PLC/5. The PLC/5 is linked via DH+ to a 1756 DHRIO module in slot 1 of a 4 slot 1756 chassis. The chassis also has a ENBT module in slot 0 to form a bridge to the plant network.

I've added some ethernet IO and drive to the system so I put a second ENBT module in slot 2 and in slot 4 is a L55 CLX processor, rev 16 (max rev for L55 processor).

The CLX is processing the ethernet IO and needs to exchange four 16 bit words with the PLC/5.

Is it possible to use produced/consumed tags over DH+ through the DHRIO module or am I going to have to message the info? I'm not seeing how to configure it over DH+.

Last edited:
Msg is all I could ever get.
The PLC5 would have to handle implicate messaging right? As far as I know that isn't an option
there is an example over on mrplc that used a plc5 to read/ write to a CLX using tag names.

The produced consumed tags over cnet is just function of cnet doing tag passing isn't it? Similar to global data in the SLC or Plc5 right.

That is what I was afraid of.

Also saw on technote 39806 that it is not possible to schedule produced/consumed tags across a bridge.

So I'm stuck with messaging. Its not a big deal. I spent more time futzing with it that it would have taken to program the MSG.

Thanks.

The produced consumed tags over cnet is just function of cnet doing tag passing isn't it? Similar to global data in the SLC or Plc5 right.

Not really. But I can see the comparison. The RSNetWorx software is where the configuration is setup. It's much more flexible and allows a lot more data. But it is scheduled data, not just data being passed by the token roation.

OG